If you’re restoring your Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé, sometimes better known as ‘Gullwing’, you might know the following scene: A simple asking for bodywork parts at a Mercedes dealership would get the simple answer “not available anymore”. This will change now as Mercedes-Benz Classic showed some key body parts at an ‘explosion model’ during Techno Classica in Essen in March. These parts now are available from any Mercedes-Benz sales partner.
These parts are produced by a certified supplier who constructed new tools by using optimised 3D data from original bodies. Afterwards the body parts are worked into their final shape by hand using special processed wooden mallets. Before being shipped they get an electrophoretically painting.
The following parts are available from now on:
Front panelling left, parts number A198620030940, 11,900 euros
- Front panelling right, parts number A198620040940, 11,900 euros
- Rear panelling left, parts number A198640010940, 14,875 euros
- Rear panelling right, parts number A198640020940, 14,875 euros
- Rear-end center section, parts number A198647000940, 2,975 euros
- Rear-end floor, parts number A198640006140, 8,925 euros
(all prices including German VAT)
Images: Mercedes-Benz, Matthias Kierse